Thursday, September 03, 2009

Our first week back to school!

I can't believe the first week of school has flown by and we are almost through with the second week! I thought I better get caught up!
On the first day of school I was a sad mama. I had to be at work early so I was not able to take the girls on their first day. Luckily my sweet husband agreed to take pictures for me so I wouldn't miss it completely. Here they are are in front of their school with their lunch boxes in hand!
Evynn's teachers took this picture of her and her new little friend! Both of the girls have WONDERFUL teachers this year!!!
Her teachers also took this picture...on Wednesday. Looks like she is doing just fine on her second day of school! :-)
After school on Wednesday the girls and I went to get Baskin Robbins...a little first week of school treat!
Fun day at home on Thursday!
Emmerson is really a big helper these days. She is enjoying her tumbling more and more...especially hand stands and forward rolls. She also loves her "art time" and is into gluing, stickers, writing letters and such! She is also a quite a little singer and is into singing the songs from "Wicked" right now. She can sing "Popular" pretty much word for word! :-)

If Evynn has a free second she wants to spend it coloring...seriously, I can always find her at her little table, marker in hand. Here is some of her recent work...she amazes her mommy at how well she stays in the lines.



Hard at work again!A little break for a chip...Evynn shares a deep love for chips with her Uncle Ben. :-)
Took this one for Uncle Ben! Want some? :-)
Evynn is using the potty about 90% of the time....of course it is only with an adults prompting but she RARELY has an accident in between and always wakes up dry! Such a big girl!



Other than coloring and tee-teeing on the potty, Evynn is really into doing her front rolls and does a fine job at repeating nearly everything her big sister says. So sweet!

So that's what's been going on with us the past week! 'Hope this finds you having a great week too!

4 sweet thoughts:

Anonymous 5:40 PM  

too cute... I cant wait to see those little girls, I miss them so much!

Debbie Felix 9:58 PM  

Sissy,
The first day of school picture is just adorable. You can see how happy and excited they are to get started. Alan did a great job on that!!
Evynn's coloring skill really is amazing. If I hadn't seen her color numerous times for myself, I would think it was Emmerson's.

I love Emmerson's big beautiful smile picture and also Evynn coloring, sitting in the chair and (her signature) crossing her ankles. The pics sitting on the potty are sooo cute, too. I'm so proud she is doing so well at her tee-teeing. I bet she will be trained in no time. I'm sure Em loves helping with that, also.
Thanks for all the work you do on the blog to keep us up with their daily lives. We still miss them, though!! Give them hugs and kisses for us!
I love you,
Mama

rodgersrocks 8:13 PM  

Oh MY GOODNESS!!! Those pictures with Evynn on the potty with her legs crossed is PRICELESS!!! What an artist mentality already!!! Just pretty much her own person and her art is important no matter what room she is in!!! The one on the table also cracks me up!!! Uncle Ben will appreciate the "Chip Dedication!" Such kindred spirits!!!

Thanks for the updates. I love them so much. They make me smile, cry, laugh and I just reread them over and over to feel close to them. Thanks, thanks, thanks!!! Love SR

Anonymous 12:24 AM  

The pictures of the girls are sooooo cute! I LOVE the ones of her coloring and the ones on the potty! When she's at school, she can usually be found in the art center, using markers, wearing a princess dress. I just love her so much! :)
-Analisa

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP