Monday, May 25, 2009

Wonderland Weekend!

This weekend we met Mom, Dad, Dent, Brandy & Adlee in Amarillo for our annual "Wonderland" trip. We decided to do it a little earlier this year in an attempt to beat the heat! The weather was perfect! It sprinkled on us a couple of times but we really couldn't have asked for a better weekend!
We started out a the Amarillo Little Theatre to see Cinderella. It was really good...we were all very impressed. Emmerson must have had a thousand questions throughout the play and now every night before we go to bed...left a lasting impression. :-)
After Cinderella we grabbed a quick bite and headed to Wonderland park. The girls loved all the rides. Evynn and Adlee were able to ride a few more things this year and Emmerson too. Emmerson even braved the bumper cars a couple of times. She's kind of at the stage where she is wanting to ride the bigger rides but just isn't tall enough to ride yet...hopefully next year! So, we closed the place down and headed to the hotel. Emmerson decided she wanted to stay with Poppy and Boba in their room...her first official night away from us (although they were just across the hall...I still think that counts! :-))
The next morning Dent, Alan and I took the girls swimming at the hotel. Emmerson took up right where she left off last year and immediately started jumping in off the side and finding her way back out again...and again...and again! Evynn loved the water as she always has. She loved how her daddy launched her up in the air over and over again! That sweet child doesn't seem to have any fear.
After our swim we went to lunch and then on to the zoo. The girls always love the zoo. This year it was cool and overcast so we just took our time looking at all the animals and then played a while on the playground. We got in the car and Evynn said, "I want i-ceam." Good thing we had a plan to make one last stop for ice cream before we headed home! Emmerson was definitely not ready to go home yet. She just begged to go home with Poppy and Boba. She said, "but we didn't get to stay very long." I think we all could agree that our two days went by too fast! I guess time flies when you're having fun! Evynn keeps telling me "I want my Boba!" No doubt, the girls love their Poppy and Boba! Thank you Poppy and Boba for such a fun weekend! We loved every minute!
Emmerson rode the Frog Hopper over and over again...just like last year. Hopefully next year Sissy will be able to ride with her!
Of course it wouldn't be a trip to Wonderland without cotton candy! Do you think Evynn enjoyed hers? :-)



Big kids like Wonderland too! :-)


Emmerson was a CRAZY driver on the bumper cars!
Still going strong long after dark!


Evynn was SO sleepy when we first got to the zoo!



The whole crew!

5 sweet thoughts:

Brantley Family 5:04 PM  

I love that despite the distance, you and your family still make it a priority to do things like this together! What great memories your girls are making!

Christy 10:30 PM  

They are the cutest things ever!!! So sweet!

Grammy 9:46 PM  

Such sweet times!! Love, Patti

Anonymous 7:53 AM  

Oh how I love to see the girls grow..they are something elese Dee. Hopefully we will be in Perryton at the say time so I see yall, I miss you girls.

Have a GREAT summer,
Crystal

Debbie Felix 8:43 AM  

Sissy,
You are sooo welcome and the pleasure was ours!! We always love hanging out with our precious kids and granddaughters. That is what life is all about!! It just doesn't get better than that.
I just love watching the girls play together and enjoy each other so much!
You have done a wonderful job preserving the memory with your great pictures!!
I love you,
Mama

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP