Monday, March 09, 2009

Happy Birthday Adlee!

This weekend we went to Perryton to celebrate Adlee's 2nd birthday! She had a Minnie Mouse party at the gymnastics center in town. The girls had so much fun running, jumping and playing together! Evynn took a countless number of falls...got a little shiner under her eye right off the bat! Evynn has her Mommy's grace! Lol! We all enjoyed Grandma Rose's famous Rose cake...yum!
After the party we headed home to help finish the project that Daddy and Dent had worked on all week. Mom and Dad got a playhouse/swing/slide for their backyard. Dad and Dent worked each night after work to get it up. The next step in the project was the pea gravel. So, together we worked shoveling and raking the gravel across the playground. It was work but it was also a lot of fun out there working together AND we all got a workout in! :-) Mom played with the girls and made sure they stayed occupied. It was a day that their dreams are made of...spending the ENTIRE day outside! They loved every minute of it!
It was a fun weekend. We stayed very busy and the time flew by! Now we are looking forward to everyone heading our way this coming weekend to celebrate Emmerson's birthday!! This is our birthday marathon month!!!

An upside down Adlee Kay playing with Uncle Alan
Emme playing get-a-way from DaddyTickle, tickle, tickle!
Grams made Adlee's Minnie Mouse cake.
Adlee couldn't help herself! The icing is so good!
They finally got to dive into their cake!
Me and my pretty grandmas
Back at the house...Daddy puts the finishing touches on the playhouse
Alan...the shoveling machine!
Dent working the rake!
Brandy and me...gettin' our hands dirty! :-)
Mom and Evynn take a break inside...
I love this picture of Daddy and Evynn...the way she is resting her chunky little arm on his shoulder...

Emmerson has a new love...the glider swing!
Evynn was cooking up a yummy rock cake with Boba in the kitchen!
Mema came over Saturday night for dinner. Evynn covered her in lip gloss. I don't know if I've blogged about Evynn's love for lip gloss or not. She LOVES lip gloss and chap stick. Of course, it's all "goss." She is always asking for either gum of "goss." I think Mema even had it on her teeth! Sometimes Evynn will cover her entire face...she'll have it in the back of the car and when I get out to get her out of her car seat I often discover her covered in a thick pink shine! :-)
After a long day of outside play Emmerson finally stopped for a picture with Boba.
On Sunday Emmerson was back outside and hard at it...this time she was fixed up in the sassy visor and boa Crystal brought over for her birthday. Thank you Crystal! And thank you Aunt Dianne and Uncle Kevin for the sassy new outfits!
And that sums up our fun weekend in Perryton!

4 sweet thoughts:

The Q. Family 2:03 PM  

The cake looks AMAZING!!! I love love love your shirt! And that playhouse looks like so much fun!!!

Anonymous 7:26 PM  

Oh how I love those girls.. and you too:) Like always the time is too short, but some time is ALWAYS better than no time at all! I hope you all had a blst today at Emmies birthday. I tried to talk to her on the phone, but Grams said she was dancing on the table...WAY MORE IMPORTANT and FUN! It is always nice to see how the Martins are doing throuh your blog, so keep posting.
XOXO
Crystal

Anonymous 6:12 PM  

love your pics too!!! cristin steger

Debbie Felix 3:18 PM  

What a fun filled weekend it was!!

A BIG thanks to you and Alan for all of the shoveling, raking and leaf cleanup in the playhouse and corner that I missed earlier in the week. I could tell you and Dent were having fun on the leaf project.

I love all of the fun pictures of our sweet little dolls.

I love you,
Mama

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP