Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Emmerson Rose!

On March 11th our sweet Emmerson turned 4! Alan went during lunch and took her across the street to the Student Union Building (or the "UC" as we knew it in college) for her favorite...Chick-fil-A! Then, I went early to pick her up from school and made it just in time for her little party. The kids made a cake and we all ate it during their snack time. Everyone sang Happy Birthday and she managed to blow out all 4 candles! Here she is with her friend Mary Kate!Emmerson got to choose where she ate her birthday dinner and it was no surprise that she chose 50th Street Caboose! We had a good time playing games before she ate the birthday dinner of her choice...a corn dog, fries and Dr. Pepper.

A little side note here... notice Emmerson's outfit...We ran by the house for just a minute before leaving to eat. Emmerson immediately ran back to her room to change clothes. When I went back and found her in this outfit...the rainbow headband, Hannah Montana t-shirt, polka-dot skirt or "lady bug skirt" as she calls it and her knee-high silver boots...my initial reaction was "Oh no! You are NOT wearing that!" But then I remembered it was her birthday and it really wouldn't hurt a thing for her to go looking like that. :-) Now, as I "record" this moment I am glad I let her...I will always be reminded of how she loved to dress herself at 4...in the most random, ridiculous...yet precious outfits! :-)Alan and the birthday girlMe and Evynn At 4, Emmerson loves...

  • Her little sister Evynn...she talks so sweet to her...sometimes speaks to her as if she were her mother :-)...watches out for her...LOVES playing with her, kissing & hugging her!

  • Listening to Hannah Montana

  • Music in general and she likes it LOUD!

  • Dressing up from head to toe!

  • Dogs...stuffed ones, her real one... Bally, even movies about dogs

  • Dancing, playing outside, riding her tricycle, watching movies

  • talking about what letters particular words start with..."Mommy, Boba starts with "B""...we talk about this A LOT! :-)

  • talking about words that rhyme

  • reading books together

  • driving home down the last block

  • staying up late and skipping her naps!

  • "Chicken in a box," corn dogs, yogurt, almonds, fruit...especially blueberries, corn and cokes

  • taking pictures and drawing

Happy Birthday little angel! I love you!!!

3 sweet thoughts:

The Q. Family 5:33 AM  

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! Love the outfit!! :o)

Wendy C. 8:39 AM  

What a fun independent age..... L & M already give me fits about what THEY want to wear.... guess one day I should give in, too! :) Happy Birthday, Miss Emm.... can't wait to see you again soon, maybe this summer! :)

Debbie Felix 3:32 PM  

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY EMMERSON ROSE!!!!
You are an amazing little girl and we love you more than you can even imagine!!
We had a great time at your birthday party and loved seeing all of your sweet little friends.

We love you so much!
Boba and Poppy

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP