The not so perfect ending to our almost perfect day...
On Saturday after the party the guys went back to work outside on the girls' playset. After a while the girls went outside and were running around the yard, as were the dogs. When Emmerson leaned over to kiss Tux he snapped at her and bit her little face. I heard screaming and ran outside to find blood gushing from her face. It was bleeding so badly I really couldn't tell how severe the wounds were. Luckily she just had 2 small cuts near her left eye and two to the right of her little mouth. As the doctors and nurses said, she was very lucky and we know that God was watching over our little girl. I hate to think of how bad this could have been.
Mema rode along with me and Em to the E.R. She was a sweet help and I was thankful to have her there. Although she is smiling in these pics, Emmerson was not always so happy. She had to get her DTaP booster and shots at this age are seriously traumatic! The nurse saved the day when she mentioned a Popsicle and we were all smiles after that! I had to wait to talk to Animal Control so while we were waiting I whipped out my camera so we could properly document this little event!
Emmerson showing me her battle scars...

So now what? Well, we have tux on an "in home quarantine" right now. Since his shots were up to date we were given the option to do his 10 day quarantine "in home." When the 10 days are up we plan on doing everything we can to adopt Tux out. While it does make me really sad, I know it's what we need to do for the safety of our sweet girls. Tux never has been very good with the girls and has on several occasions "snapped" at them. He just never got this close until now. We know that as parents we need to do everything we can to make sure our children are safe and that would mean that Tux would no longer be with us.
Emmerson showing me her battle scars...
So now what? Well, we have tux on an "in home quarantine" right now. Since his shots were up to date we were given the option to do his 10 day quarantine "in home." When the 10 days are up we plan on doing everything we can to adopt Tux out. While it does make me really sad, I know it's what we need to do for the safety of our sweet girls. Tux never has been very good with the girls and has on several occasions "snapped" at them. He just never got this close until now. We know that as parents we need to do everything we can to make sure our children are safe and that would mean that Tux would no longer be with us.For those of you who don't know, we "adopted" Tux ourselves on Dent and Brandy's wedding day. I remember waking up that morning to the yapping of a puppy in Mom and Dad's backyard and getting so excited! I was certain that Dent had bought Brandy a new puppy as a wedding gift! I ran into the backyard and saw this tiny puppy! He was SO cute! He was black...looked like a lab mix...with a tiny little white mark on his chest. Dent assured me that he had no part of that dog being in the backyard. Later, we learned that the neighbor put the dog in Mom and Dad's backyard. He said that he knew we had dogs and he saw it out and assumed it was ours. I personally think he somehow ended up with a dog he didn't want and placed it there knowing we were suckers for dogs! (Could it really have been coincidence that he had a dog, almost identical, same age and same mixed breed next door? I think not.) Anyway, we decided to keep him and name him Tux...as in Tuxedo for his marks and appropriately on Dent and Brandy's wedding day. So we have loved Tux for the last 5 years. He has been a sweet, obedient and loyal dog. He has been a best friend to Bally, our other lab. So though it may seem silly, please pray for us and for Tux. We really want him to find a good home with a loving owner.
And for our little Emmerson, she is healing well...still on her antibiotics and asks often if Tux is gone yet. She also tells us that she needs another little dog with Bally because she needs 2! We'll see about that!
6 sweet thoughts:
Poor baby girl.... I hate that this happened, but if it had to happen, thank goodness it happened after the birthday party! Glad she is okay... good luck finding Tux a good home... sounds like she was a brave birthday girl! Get well, Em! :)
Oh my Oh my Oh my.....I have a horrible fear of the dogs....ANY dogs now with the GRANDS.....Jackson and now Emmi...Bless her sweet heart..bless you and Alan as you go through this...and thank the LORD above that it was what it was and no worse...Keep us posted. Love ALL the BDay pics...SR
Well thanks for making me cry tonight. I didn't have anything else to do so I guess it is ok. I still remember that morning finding Tux. He has been a good dog. He was giving me kisses probably 5 minutes before that happened. Your dogs are one of the reasons I am such a sucker for my dogs now. I just pray that nothing happens like this with my dogs. Emmerson was a big girl that day. I am sure she learned a BIG lesson that day!!! Everything is going to work out for the best. Well now Ihave to go wipe my eyes and blow my nose. Thanks again. Love yall.
Uncle Dent AkA dentdent
that is crazy!!! I understand though...it is scary when your little one gets snapped at! You have to do what is best for the girls, I am praying that some high school boy gets Tux...the dog he has always wanted! lov les
Hey Dee, I heard about Tux and Emm, I am so thankful they BOTH are going to be ok! What a shock that must have been; anyway love all the pics and keep me updated on the adoption...I know he will find a good place to live:) love yall
Uncle Dent's not the only one that cryed when reading your story. Even though I witnessed the whole thing and was beyond furious, it made me sad to think of what a sweet little puppy Tux was on the day he "showed up" in our backyard.
Love,
Mama
Post a Comment