Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Valentine's Weekend...

Our Valentine's Weekend started on Thursday evening when Poppy and Boba arrived! They like to come on Thursdays so they get an extra day of play time with the girls. For the girls, that means skipping school on Friday, sleeping in, a trip to Chick-fil-A for lunch and a whole lot of fun with Poppy and Boba. For me, it means an extra long day at work...thinking about all the fun they are having...and always ready to be back home with them!
On Thursday night as we were just about to put her to bed, Emmerson decided to dress us all up and take our picture! Although it really was time for her to be in bed, I agreed that we really needed to get a picture of us all (especially Poppy) looking so fabulous! Evynn was already asleep on Thursday night when Emmerson so graciously dressed us in her fancies but she made up for it on Friday morning! She added a little extra "glam" to her new pj's that Poppy and Boba got them for Valentine's Day. Thank you for the new pj's and t-shirts Poppy & Boba!On Friday, Emmerson and Poppy decorated one another with the stickers Grammie & Pop sent! Thank you for the fun stickers Grammie and Pop!

Photo by Emmerson Rose... Then, on Friday afternoon, Mom took Emmerson up to her school so she could help them prepare for the big Valentine's Day celebration. They made snacks and decorated the room...it was a lot of fun! I went up as soon as I got of work...just in time for the party. They opened Valentines, ate snacks and then got to play around for a while. Emmerson and Boba
Emmerson and her sweet teachers!Emmerson grabbed my camera and took a few pictures of her own...the following were all taken by my little photographer, Emmerson.



Her little friend, Vicente took this one of her!
That evening Poppy and Boba treated us to the 50th Street Caboose. I honestly didn't know how that was going to go over. I figured we would have to battle them the whole time to eat because they would want to play but they were really good. They both ate very well and then after our meal we played! Emmerson perfected her skee-ball skills! She was really good! I got a kick out of watching her play! Mom, Dad and I enjoyed a few games too! It really was a good time!
Evynn couldn't quite get the balls going in the right direction for skee-ball but she did love the rides!
On Saturday we did our annual Valentine's cookie decorating. Boba prepared the cookies ahead of time so the girls helped ice and sprinkle the cookies. Did I mention that they put sprinkles on them? LOTS of sprinkles! :-)Hard at work!
Evynn helped Boba with the icing!
Emme was queen of the sprinkles!!
Here's the finished product!
This picture says it all! Yum! :-)Daddy made it home from the fire station just in time for a cookie!
And then, last but not least, Alan and I had our Valentine's Night out at Abuelos! A perfect night out with the love of my life!
And that's the end of our Valentine's weekend...

6 sweet thoughts:

Laura 11:33 AM  

Oh, how fun! Love the dress up pictures--that is too funny! And there is something about that picture of Evynn handing the cookie to her Daddy that just melts my heart! You have such sweet girls, Deonne!

Christy 2:34 PM  

How cute, the girls are absolutely adorable . . . y'all were busy!!! What is it about girls and dressing up . . .my little one is doing already at 1!

Emily Suzanne 12:14 PM  

You guys remembered to take a picture together... why do I keep forgetting to pose in pictures with Britt?
Probably because I'm always taking pictures of our little guys :)

Your Valentine's sounds so eventful and fun!!

cristin steger 3:32 PM  

so cute. i love all your blogs. how far apart are your girls? i am thinking about when i would want to have another baby... alot of my friends are on baby number 2... i wanted to wait two years , i think!!!!

Mallory & Kelby 8:07 AM  

Hey Girl! So glad you found me! Through process of elimination I found your blog off of Tracy's. You look fantastic and your girls are adorable! I love how you spell Evynn. I would love to catch up with you. my email is: jjcheatham@yahoo.com. Have a great day!
Jennifer

Debbie Felix 9:44 PM  

Sissy,
Oh my, these dress-up pictures are really a hoot!! They were fun for Emme and that's what matters.

I loved going to her Valentine party at school. The kids were sooo cute getting everything ready and helping the teachers. Our little photographer got some really good pics of her sweet little friends.

I love our tradition of decorating "Mrs. Delk's" sugar cookies. Em and Evy did a wonderful job of decorating very lavishly with LOTS of sprinkles.
I think their finished product speaks for itself. They really were yummy!
We had a great weekend with our precious little dolls!
Love,
Mama

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP