Hanging with a Celebrity!
I'll start at the beginning. On Friday morning I called Alan to see how the girls were when he dropped them off for school. He takes the girls two days a week so I always call him around 9:30 to see how getting them ready, dropping them off and the general "mood of the morning" went. Well, on Friday I still could not get a hold of him after several attempts. Finally around 10:15 he answered. He said, "Guess who Emmerson just spent the last 20 minutes talking to at Starbucks?!" I had no idea...there was really no telling! He said "this guy from High School Musical!" Apparently he was in town for a workshop and he was doing a signing at Barnes and Noble that evening. He put Emmerson on the phone and she told me all about talking to Montre. Montre Burton was on ABC's High School Musical Get in the Picture that aired this summer and he has also been in several other tv shows. Anyway, he was such a nice guy. He recognized Emmerson as soon as we walked through the doors. He called her by name and told everyone around that she was just "adorable this morning at Starbucks!" She played bashful and wouldn't sit with him at his table for a picture so he got down on the ground...among all of the magazines for a picture with her. I think we'll be seeing more of Montre and we will certainly be looking out for him! He was a genuine guy with tons of personality...bound to go far!





Here are a couple more pics from the past week!
We went and had lunch with Alan at the fire station on our fun day at home! Emmerson requested that this picture be taken! I love it when she does that! :-)
These were from our date night out with John and Allison. We went and listened to the Electric Gypsies! The Electric Gypsies were my FAVORITE band to go listen to in college!
Here were our little ballerinas on Sunday...they wanted to dress up and sing on their "stage."

And one final little note for Emmerson and Evynn...as this blog is not only for others but for you also...to read one day about your development, raising, fun memories and history too! Today history was made! As we were at gymnastics this morning a new president was sworn into office. Barack Obama will be the first African American President of the United States. Our country has come a long way and I'm sure we will be amazed one day to look back from your childhood and see how much further it has come! Love you both SO much!
These were from our date night out with John and Allison. We went and listened to the Electric Gypsies! The Electric Gypsies were my FAVORITE band to go listen to in college!
Here were our little ballerinas on Sunday...they wanted to dress up and sing on their "stage."
And one final little note for Emmerson and Evynn...as this blog is not only for others but for you also...to read one day about your development, raising, fun memories and history too! Today history was made! As we were at gymnastics this morning a new president was sworn into office. Barack Obama will be the first African American President of the United States. Our country has come a long way and I'm sure we will be amazed one day to look back from your childhood and see how much further it has come! Love you both SO much!
2 sweet thoughts:
What an exciting update to your blog! I'm sure Emmerson dazzled Montre with her charm, too. I would have loved to hear that conversation. Such cute pics of Evy and Em with a celebrity.
Glad you were able to go for a date night. Of course, I love you and Alan's pic but also John (one of my very favorite people) and Allison. I know you all had to have had a GREAT time together.
Just look at our beautiful ballerinas! Maybe we can catch one of their shows this coming weekend! They are sooo adorable!
Love,
Mama
Emmerson and Evynn are such cute little ROCKSTARS! Watch out Hollywood! :)
Post a Comment