Thursday, January 15, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

I haven't posted in a while...Nothing major to report...just the usual fun that goes on around our house! The girls LOVE playing with the dogs these days...Sweet dogs haven't got too much of my attention since the girls were born. Alan is good to play with them daily but I have been a little "preoccupied" with 2 little girls. Since Emmerson was born both Bally and Tux have been a little skittish of her and Evynn too. I don't think they knew what to do with this new little creature that came along and took their inside home away. However, now that they are a little bigger and the dogs have had a chance to get used to the girls, the love is mutual. Emmerson begs to go out, even on the coldest of days to throw the ball to the dogs. Evynn watches Emmerson and copies this and everything else she does. Evynn was sitting in the chair just observing and the dogs would come and drop the ball right in her little lap. It was pretty cute.
Other than braving the cold weather to play with the dogs, the girls spend a lot of time inside playing with all of the new toys they got for Christmas. They are really into books, puzzles, Barbies, taking care of their baby dolls and cooking in their little kitchen. On this day (below) we decided to get crazy and cook in the real kitchen. The girls made cupcakes to celebrate Katie's (their sweet babysitter) birthday. Together they did everything except for putting the batter in the cups and sticking them in the oven. They had a great time! I'm certain their favorite part was licking the spatulas!


Ok...I forgot that I cracked the eggs too :-)
I am so blessed to have two sweet girls who get along so well. They have so much fun playing together and they play (what I feel is) exceptionally well together. There is not a morning or bedtime that goes by that one doesn't ask for the other. The minute they wake up they are ready to see the other and start playing. Then at bedtime they always ask one another for kisses and hugs as they say their good nights. 'Hope it stays that was forever! :-)



It had been a while since I had taken their pictures at bathtime. I love their soft little naked bodies and their beautiful, smooth, young skin! They have so much fun in the tub! Too much fun sometimes! Thank goodness for the concrete floors because some times we have more water outside the tub than we do inside. The girls just splash, GIGGLE, color with their tub crayons and dump one cup after another on each other...over and over again.



The last bit of news is about a little rearranging I have been doing! We got the girls twin/bunk beds for Christmas. We may be crazy but we thought it would be fun for the girls to share a room! So...we turned the room that Evynn had called her own into a play room and now Emmerson will share the room previously all her own with her little sister. The first night we put the girls down at the same time. They were so excited to be in their new beds. However, Evynn didn't care much for sleeping in hers. She must have come out of that room 10 times before we decided we better keep the crib up for a while! She slept great in her crib that night BUT last night they both slept like little angels in their new beds. We put Evynn down about an hour before Emmerson. Evynn likes a pitch black room...Emmerson likes light in the hall way. So...by putting them down at different times we were able to accommodate them both! Emmerson was such a big girl and we just whispered our "night nights." We all noticed as little sister slept peacefully across the room that she is a little snorer! She must get that from her Boba! Ha! :-) This weekend Alan and I are planning on painting their room! It's going to be bright pink! Emmerson and I chose it together. Hopefully it won't be too hard to handle! :-) I'll try to post pics of their newly painted room next week.
'Hope this finds everyone having a blessed week!

6 sweet thoughts:

The Q. Family 7:41 PM  

Okay, you have the most ADORABLE family ever!! Could y'all be more perfect?!?! I love your blog!! So glad you posted an update. The pic of Evynn in her chair outside with the multi-colored hat on is breathtaking... something about it... she is STUNNING!! Both girls are, actually, but I just love that picture! How fun that they are sharing a room! I always shared a room with my sis too growing up and I loved it! :o)

Grammy 7:50 PM  

I just love keeping up with your
sweet little girlies! Sooo cute &
you do such a good job at telling the story of your lives! I think
you'll love the new pink room for
the girls!! What other color could it be?! Have fun and keep up the good work--Patti

cristin steger 3:14 PM  

so cute!!!! would love to meet them in person one day!!!!!!!

Anonymous 3:50 PM  

You've made my day AGAIN!! More Pictures!!!!
Why am I not suprised that Emmerson has her Cinderella Princess gown on to cook in the kitchen!?! If it's a day that ends in Y..... she wants to dress up!!
This is way too cute with both of them on the counter stirring the cupcakes together. I know they were delicious and Katie loved them!

I love the "laugh out loud" picture of Evynn. You captured her sweetness and pretty little smile! And, of course I love the ones with both Em and Evy having so much fun and loving on each other so sweetly.
Love,
Mama

Unknown 4:22 AM  

i just want to take the time to say that your entire family is indeed a breath of fresh air. you helped to bring nothing but pure joy and radiant light to me while i was in lubbock! you all rock! i wish nothing but the best for you all! i think its time for the four of you to plan a trip to disneyland so we can all party together (a very PG/kid friendly party of course!) LOL!

by the way, emmerson is so already a star!

best,
montré

p.s.- the chick-fil-a was so awesome! :)

Deonne 6:48 PM  

Deba Lou--
Laugh laugh...heehee...tons of fun

Montre
We had a blast meeting you...glad you liked the chicken n a box!! thanks for being such a great sport and sooo encouraging!! Kick butt in Hollywood!!! we'll be watching!!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP