Open House at the CDRC
Emmerson has been on the waiting list at Tech's Child Development and Research Center since I carried her in my belly. This summer we got the call that they finally had a spot open up for her. I got teary on the phone. I couldn't believe it had finally happened! I thought this day probably wouldn't come.
It is such an amazing place! She has 2 certified teachers in her room who are there throughout the whole day with her. They focus on learning through play, exploring their environment and through interacting with others. So basically, they're at this amazing facility on an amazing university campus ;-) (Go Tech!) and they get to play all day with wonderful teachers who play along next to them to help prompt learning as they go and it's all based on research by child development geniuses! Now that's a mouthful....and a run-on sentence, I'm sure!
Since I'm posting this late, I can tell you that today, on her first day at school, when I picked her up she was not ready to go...she wanted to stay and play. Then I said, "Emmerson, I hope Evynn had as much fun at her school as you did!" Her reply to me was "I didn't go to school! I went to Raider Red!"
These pictures are from her open house last Friday. After we toured her new classroom and Boba met her teachers, Emmerson wanted to have her picture made with the statues and by the big Texas Tech seal! I never have a problem with her wanting her picture to be made! :-) We spent quite a while getting pics and I just happened to be on my "lunch break" so I needed to get back. We had to cut our photo session just a little short...short of pics with Will Rogers on his horse Soapsuds. Today when I picked her up she asked me right away if we could go have pictures on the horse...so we did. I'll post those ASAP!

She is SO tiny!
Boba and the girls.
3 sweet thoughts:
Sissy,
I am sooo excited for Em and all the learning experiences and opportunities she will have at her "Raider Red". What an awesome facility it is and how lucky she is to get to attend.
I can completly understand the emotional "silence on the line" when you got that call. I experienced sooo many of those when you and Dent were there at Tech. As you know this is just the beginning of fun, proud, overwhelming, emotional and very special times.
It brought back memories of being with you and Dent at Freshman orientation and now getting to be with Emmerson as she begins a new and exciting adventure. I know she will be absolutely AWESOME!!!!!
The pictures are soooo cute!!!
GO TECH!!
I Love YOU,
Mama
CONGRATS!!! That's so exciting!
Go Little RED RAIDER. That picture of Emmerson standing by the Emblem is the best. Love Dent
Post a Comment