Easter Sunday





Yesterday we celebrated Easter with some of our friends from church. I sang on the praise team from 7:30-12:30...all 3 services! It was a whippin'! :-) I'm not used to doing all 3! Anyway, since I was gone, that meant that Alan had the girls...all to himself. Since we would be having a house full of company come immediately after church I had an extensive list of things for him to do on top of getting our sweet girls ready. I had everything laid out from the rubber band to put around their ponytails to their little shoes. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about him doing Evynn's little top knot for the first time on Easter Sunday. We always make it to the 9:45 service and after about 10:10 and still not seeing Alan walk in the sanctuary, I had given up on him...figured it must have just been too much. :-) Around 10:20 his handsome face came through the doors...coffee cup in hand, of course! (No matter how late we are running we always have time for coffee!) After we finished singing I sat down. He just chuckled and said, "If I could imagine it, it had happened!" :-) Apparently, he had no idea where his keys were when he was finally ready to go and in the midst of trying to find them, Evynn managed to dirty her diaper. Can't you just imagine all of this going down and Alan trying to manage these little princesses in their big poofy dresses!? :-) He made it though and the girls looked so sweet! Evynn's hair was perfect! Better job than I can do...I think!
After church Alan cooked burgers for 3 other couples and all of our little girls. They were great! After we ate the girls...yes, all girls...hunted eggs in the living room. Imagine this...70 degrees on Saturday and absolutely beautiful and 70 degrees today but it only managed to get into the 40's on Sunday...and rainy...who would have thought!...in Lubbock? :-) Anyway, the girls could have cared less that we were inside. They had a ball hunting all of the eggs and we had a ball watching them as well. It was a blessed Easter day!
4 sweet thoughts:
Deonne,
These are absolutely beautiful pictures of ALL of YOU!!!
I only wish I could have been a little mouse to see Alan getting the girls ready. I've seen him fix Em's hair and I know he is darn good at it. But, the foofy dresses do add another dimension to the picture.....especially when there is a toodled diaper. Oh MY!
I just had to crack up about Alan not being able to find his keys!! You know I have to remind him that if it weren't for "those keys" he might not be our son in law and he reminds me that "he had locked his keys in the vehicle"....not misplaced them" LOL!!!
I think it is wonderful and very admirable that Alan can get his precious babies dressed like princesses and to church on Easter Sunday, or any time for that matter. I'm not a bit suprized!!
I'm very proud of both of you for being the wonderful parents you are to our precious granddaughters!
I Love You,
Mama
BEAUTIFUL Girls! The top knot looks PERFECT!! :-)
Way to go Alan! The girls look great!
I am laughing....seriously picturing Alan being sweet but also getting slightly frustrated but trying to stay focused and get to church!!I LOVE IT! lov les:)
Post a Comment