Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A few highlights from last week...

Although we are well into this week, I can' t let last week slip by without letting you know what all went on!

On Thursday night Pop (aka Rodney, Alan's step dad) came through town and visited us! While he was here I got to catch up on the details of their New York trip and he got to enjoy a meal of plastic chicken and cheese...cooked up especially for him by little Miss Emmerson.

Then, on Friday night, Karla (Alan's sister) was in town and she came over for dinner. We got to spend some quality time and caught up with her on all that's been going on since her big graduation in May. Emmerson had a good time hanging out with Aunt Karla as well and made sure she got plenty of practice drawing Dora and Boots!


Last week Evynn just had fun hanging in the sunshine watching her sister play. She also tried rice cereal (for which she showed no interest). :-) Her new development this week is that she loves to laugh when you kiss her in the crease of her neck OR straight on the open mouth!


Emmerson also took Daddy for a spin around the block. She LOVES to drive Daddy's truck.

Me, I'm just soaking up every minute left of summer...less than a month now. I am so blessed to have had the summer off to spend with the girls. I know it's going to be hard to go back. I will miss rocking them before nap and all of the kisses anytime I want...my favorite parts of summer! But, I guess a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do.

3 sweet thoughts:

Anonymous 5:30 PM  

More adorable pictures!!! The one of Emmerson driving her Daddy around reminds me of the time when Alan went around the block at the Pizza Planet and Dad and I were cracking up.....wondering what he was up to. Then here you all come around the corner....Emmerson standing on his lap driving. She was probably only 8 or 9 months. That was sooooo cute!!!
Every little girl need to have memories "driving" with their Daddy, Grandpa or both!!
I LOVE YOU,
Mama

rodgersrocks 9:16 AM  

Now did Aunt Karla get a chance to chat with Evynn about this thumb-sucking issue?? Evynn is starting rice cereal!!! Has that helped her "sleep" issues? haha
Love the posts! SR

Anonymous 9:33 AM  

Evynn is just a happy little Punkin Doll in her hat. That picture just makes me smile! She is sooo precious!!
Love,
Mama

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP