Thursday, July 19, 2007

Busted!
Evynn is not a napper. She usually sleeps about 11 hours at night and then if I'm lucky takes a one hour nap in the day and maybe a 30 minute cat nap...she is just not a napper. However, today she has been sleeping for 3+ hours. I have been a little concerned because I am not used to getting as many things done as I have today without the sound of her crying. So, several times I have gone in to peek at her.
Let me mention that I have been concerned lately that she is going to be a thumb-sucker because she loves to suck on her hands and often finds her thumbs. SO...since I have heard so many horror stories about thumb-sucking and what it does to your teeth and the fear of my children being 12 and still sucking their thumbs, I have invested in at least 5 brands of pacifiers... Emmerson loves hers... in fact, she still needs it to sleep. So, surely if we are persistent we can get Evynn to take one, right?
I have actually found one that I think is the winner...the Soothie. She takes it longer than she has any of the others and it has yet to make her gag like the others so that is a real bonus! :-) Today when I layed her down she had that sweet little green paci.
So...with a hopeful heart I went in to check on her thinking it was her paci that was making her sleep so well! WRONG! Here are the pics. She was going to town on her thumb and in fact, she still is as I type this. What's a mother to do!?! If anyone has any suggestions or advice I would love to see them in the comments! :-)

My sleeping beauty...I think it's so cute now but will it still be cute in 5 years? Doubtful! :-)

3 sweet thoughts:

Barry Family 5:16 PM  

Well.....I think it is great that she is getting sleep. That is really important at this point as you know. BUT I know that the thumb sucking is not your preference. I would try to only allow her to suck it when she is sleeping and take it out if she does it during awake hours(assumming that works!)- kinda the pacy method. Other than that I got nothing....But her aunt Karla sucked her thumb for a LONG TIME....mom may have some stories to enlighten you! She was the baby though.....:) lov les

Anonymous 10:58 PM  

Sissy,
We just think these pictures sure are cute. Sorry, no advice at this point.
Love,
Mama and Daddy

Anonymous 9:06 PM  

Let the baby suck her thumb! It is precious!!! I had 2 thumb suckers and they make the BEST babies..you can always find your thumb! My 4 yr old only did it at night and quit on his on, my 3 yr old is working on it, and I wish my 5 month old would start!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP