Swimming Lessons!
Over the last 2 weeks the girls took swimming lessons! They have LOVED swimming this summer! It was so much fun for me to watch them learn and make progress while having such a fun time!
Evynn worked on blowing bubbles, kicking her feet, making big arm circles, diving for rings and even floating on her own! Evynn was definitely the fearless one out of her class! Sometimes a little too fearless ;-) ...she was so anxious to swim that she would sometimes just jump out to her teacher when her teacher wasn't really ready. :-) When asked if they were ready to swim Evynn was always the first to raise her hand and shout out "I am!" Out of her class she could reach in the deepest water to get the rings and float the longest alone on her back. I was SO proud!
I saw this smile a lot while she was in the pool! :-)
Blowing bubbles...
Working on her kicks...
Floating...
Emmerson made a complete turn around from last year's lessons. Although she did really well last year (jumping off of the diving board and all!) she did not enjoy it last year and really dreaded going back to swimming lessons. However, she loved lessons from day one this summer. They focused on learning a couple of different strokes... Her favorite was swimming under the water doing frog kicks! At one point they combined 2 classes (10+ kids) and had them race from one point in the pool to another. Emmerson was not only the fastest but she was the only one who could go completely under the water and do the strokes correctly. I was in awe of the progress she had made at the end of the 2 weeks and of course I was a proud mama! :-)
Here are a couple of my favorites from Emmerson's lessons....
Working on her back stroke...
Safety lessons...
I don't have too many pictures of Emmerson because this is how she was a lot of the time...face down in the water doing some serious swimming! :-)
Starfish float!
Grammie and Daddy got to come watch on Wednesday!
2 sweet thoughts:
after seeing your pics from swimming lessons on your last post, I finally brought my camera... the camera made it into my bag today, but that was it :( maybe next time!
I'm so proud of our little swimmers! I'm so glad this year was different for Emmerson! And it doesn't suprise me a bit that Evynn was always ready for her tasks!
I almost feel like I was at the lessons through these great pictures!!!
Love,
Mama
Post a Comment