Evynn counts to Eleven!
A couple of weeks ago we noticed that when Emmerson was counting aloud Evynn would chime in and count right along with her! Yes, we “noticed” …sadly, we can’t take the credit for teaching her ourselves. I am glad to know that she is learning some valuable information at school though! Here’s a little video…
(Scroll down to the bottom of the page to stop the music)
(Scroll down to the bottom of the page to stop the music)
Unfortunately we can’t “recreate” every moment with our children and get them to repeat ALL the sweet things they say for the video camera. I’m just going to “record” this one in writing… Yesterday we were under a “tornado warning” and I totally freaked out…I was pacing back & forth around the house…trying to decide whether we should drive over to Aunt Betty’s and get in her basement or just get into a closet. I couldn’t get Alan to answer his phone. I called Aunt Betty. Then Alan called back, Mom called, a friend of mine called…it was all happening at once! We don’t have any bathrooms/closets that don’t have an outside wall so I really don’t feel too safe at home. The severe weather just totally freaks me out and honestly I think I was having a hard time concealing it. Evynn was freaking out, I’m sure as a result of my panicked behavior but Em was cool and collected. Feeling totally desperate, we sought shelter in Emmerson’s closet, surrounded by pillows and lots of 4T apparel. As we were in the closet I thought to myself, maybe I should explain this situation to Emmerson and we should make a plan so that Mommy doesn’t panic next time…because in West Texas you know that there will be a next time! I explained that we needed to stay in the closet because there may be a tornado and tornados can be very dangerous. She still wanted to go look out her window at the downpour of hail and go get the various toys scattered around her room. Clearly, I was not doing a very good job explaining the severity of the situation! I went on to tell her that tornadoes can sometimes be so bad that they tear your house apart. After saying that she just sat there with a blank stare on her face, clearly with the wheels in her mind turning. I thought to myself, “Oh no! Now I’ve scared her!” I said, “I’m sorry Pumpkin. Mommy didn’t mean to scare you. I just want you to realize how serious it is and to understand why it’s so important for us to stay here in the closet together.” And with that, she turned to me and said, “Oh no Mommy! I’m not scared at all! Dorothy Gale’s house was in a tornado! I know all about it! It’s okay!” It brought a much needed smile to my face!
And since I can't post without pictures, here are a few of the girls playing this evening...





5 sweet thoughts:
Molly counted to eleven this week too! Isn't amazing what those little one can do?!?
Love the counting video so much!!! Was beginning to wonder about "5" and you were too i see!! haha
She is very smart to be doing that!! Evynn's hair is really growing fast, too. SOOO cute....
The tornado...ugh...Reminds me of when we wheeled Granny Hill into Ben and Alan's closet in Amarillo(with Leslie and Karla too of course) and Leslie just started praying outloud! Was soooo cute!!! If I remember correctly, there was some "circulation" close overhead but nothing touched down....phew!! Was scary....
They are so cute!!!
I love the counting video! Your girls are beautiful and leave it to toddlers to put things in perspective at just the right time... I love it!! Of course Dorthy was OK, why wouldn't she be! :)
Evynn and Emmerson,
I love these happy, fun pictures of you precious dolls swinging on your playset. You are beautiful little princesses from your heads to your sweet little toes!
Evynn, your counting video is just SUPER!! I love to hear your voice with all of your emotions and see your actions. When you are counting the last time, you see Poppy come into the room and that's what the OOHHH-A is all about.
We are sooo proud of you, you are doing GREAT!
Sissy, I'm so thankful you girls were safe, despite the tornado scare. I'm proud you take action and do everything possible to do so. I know that is not easy!
I love you,
Boba
Post a Comment