Memorial Day Weekend
Last weekend we went to Mom and Dad's to visit. We started the weekend with a camping trip. We met Mom, Dad, Dent, Brandy and Adlee and stayed at a lake/camp grounds about 30 miles from P-town. We had a blast! Alan had been wanting to take the girls for a long time and I was on board, but skeptical about how it would all turn out. You know, when you have little ones you just never know how they will sleep. I fully expected to be driving into town about 3:00 in the morning because some little munchkin was keeping everyone else up! :-) They didn't though! They both slept in the tent. Evynn fussed for just a second a couple of times but Em slept completely through the night...right through the low temp of 50 degrees! I think the rest of us were a little chilly at times but she slept right on through it! :-) The burn ban didn't stop us from roasting marshmallows. After our burgers on Friday night we cooked smores over the cooker. The we woke up on Saturday morning and Poppy fixed us his famous "Ship Wreck" (basically a big ole breakfast burrito). Yum! Then we walked around the camp grounds and took all the little girls to the park there before we headed back to town. When we got to Mom and Dad's the girls had a surprise waiting...Dad and Dent had transformed part of their backyard into a playground! So...every chance they had, the girls spent either their water table, in the sand box or in the shade on a swing. Other than that, we ate a lot of good food, as usual. Especially the homemade banana nut ice cream I can't quit thinking about! Mom and Daddy...if you're reading this...and I know you are. (They're the biggest fans of my blog!) Thanks for dragging all of your stuff down to the lake for us to get our camping experience...and thanks to Mom for braving it with us. We loved every minute!
Evynn...covered from head to toe in dirt. She would just sift the mounds of dirt through her fingers...and especially loved eating it!
Dent, Brandy and Adlee...roasting marshmallows over the little grill.
Evynn and Adlee chillin' on Saturday morning in their fancy frog chairs.
Mom and Evynn in the Skamper! That's where Mom and I rested our heads for the night!
Little Miss Emmerson LOVED camping! She's a natural!
Evynn enjoying Poppy's Ship Wreck. She loves to eat with a fork now!
Poppy and the girls!
Back at Boba and Poppy's...just a swingin'.

All 3 girls in the wagon.
2 sweet thoughts:
Sissy,
What fun we did have in the "Skamper" and the whole camping experience....Mercy!
Since it involved my 3 little dolls I sure wouldn't have missed it for the world. I just might become a "camper" after all..LOL!
Daddy and I loved every minute of the weekend with you kids and precious girls. They were soooo sweet playing and having fun together.
I love YOU,
Mama
Looks like so much fun D! I love all of the pictures! What is your secret to looking so fab and skinny?!?!?!!!
Post a Comment