Saturday, January 05, 2008

Christmas 2007...
was a 2 week long celebration! We started out in Dallas for our Christmas with the Rodgers' family. We had a fun visit. Emmerson especially loved the time she spent with her aunts. She absolutely adores them and watches their every move. It was pretty sweet to watch and they were SO sweet to play along. Ben intorduced us to the Wii...we live such sheltered lives! It was so much fun and was actually the only work out we did all weekend! :-) No, it wasn't really a workout but did make us sweat!



We came back to Lubbock on Sunday and were able to celebrate Christmas Eve at our house for the first time. It was so wonderful to wake up and open presents around our tree. The girls loved all of the things Santa left them and enjoyed the day playing. Alan cooked us his famous steaks for lunch and then after the Christmas Eve service we had a feast of all of our favorites like german sausage, shrimp coctail and chips and salsa!




On Christmas morning the girls and I headed to Perryton and Alan headed to the fire station. It was a long drive north as we looked forward to 2 celebrations that day! We got to Mema's just in time for lunch. It was there that I discovered that Evynn had 2 new top teeth coming in! That makes a total of 4! She also started drinking from a straw that day AND started to get up on "all fours" that week. Our baby is growing WAY too fast!


We spent Christmas evening over at my Grandma Rose's. It's always so nice to be able to see all of my family and catch up while in Perryton.


We hung out at Mom and Dad's all week and they enjoyed playing with the girls non-stop. Alan finally made it through the snow on Friday and we celebrated our Felix Chrismas as soon as he got there. Emmerson could wait no more!!! Santa was putting in some overtime as he stopped by to bring Emmerson, Evynn, and Adlee each a Disney Princess. Dent, Brandy, Alan and I prepared a big shrimp boil for Mom, Dad and our grandmothers on Saturday night and then headed back home on Sunday.


I have enjoyed this week at home with the girls and I'm really not looking forward to heading back to work on Monday. I am however, very thankful to have a job that allows me to be at home so often with my sweet babies and also very thankful to have a husband who works so hard so that I can have 2 extra days at home each week. We are looking forward to a very exciting 2008.

We wish YOU and your family a blessed 2008!

3 sweet thoughts:

Anonymous 9:18 AM  

Sissy, I can remember Grandma and Grandpa saying "Christmas is for Kids". Now as a grandparent I know just what they meant. What a great joy it was to see our precious granddaughters have so much fun this year. Em was sooo full of excitement with all the packages and Santa Claus. I think Evynn and Adlee liked being in their diapers after all the Christmas excitement and just loving on each other....as you captured so well.....so cute! I was impressed though how they all liked Santa Claus.
These are some wonderful pictures of our fun time together. I can't imagine it getting any better.....however, I know next year it will be a whole different ballgame with Evynn and Adlee. FUN TIMES for everyone!!
Daddy and I had a wonderful time with all of you kids!! Thank you for the fabulous meal of the shrimp boil! The 4 of you really know how to do it up right! I know Grams and Mema enjoyed the treat, too.
Thank you most of all for staying a while and letting us love on and spoil our precious Em and Evie and You, too!
I love you,
Mama

The Q. Family 2:30 PM  

Looks like some beautiful memories were made this year! The girls are gorgeous Deonne!

Barry Family 4:28 PM  

I really appreciate how you included that emmerson loves her auntS! I mean lets face it....as Alan says, "She will learn to appreciate you in time les!". HAHA Anyway-she is pumpkin and we all had a great time! lov les

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP