Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Priceless!
Last weekend we went to Perryton for my cousin, Katie's wedding. The wedding was beautiful and it was fun to get to see family who came to town. The weekend was SO hectic! Since I was singing, I had rehersal on Friday AS SOON as we pulled into town and then practice on Sat, the wedding and then reception...not leaving much time for play. So, on Saturday night, Mom suggested that the girls and I stay one more night (since Alan had to come back to work) and she would drive us back on Monday. We all thought it was a good idea and if she was willing to spend the time driving and the money gas costs these days, "Why not!" So we got to spend an extra evening in Perryton. We spent the evening out on the back porch being entertained by Emmerson and her baby dolls. It was Mom, Dad, Grams, my Great Aunt Lora, Emmerson and me (Evynn had gone to bed and Dent and Brandy had taken Adlee home to do the same). Aunt Lora and Grams got an education in all of the names of Emmerson's babies...Orange Baby, Dollie, Teeny Baby, Teeny Baby's Mommy, Mommy's baby, Bath-tub baby...obviously named according to description! We spent the evening caring for her dolls...rocking them, putting them down for their nap, burping them...we could even be caught singing in our circle...all of us at once singing Hush Little Baby or Jesus Loves Me. We laughed at the possibility of the neighbors hearing or seeing us and what their thoughts might be on our activities! Aunt Lora was amazed by Emmerson's energy, as I am daily, and we all talked about how we wished we could just capture a little of it for ourselves! It was a fun evening...truly priceless time spent watching a little girl who is growing up way too fast...definitely worth the money/time spent by Boba to bring us back a day later!

1 sweet thoughts:

Anonymous 9:54 AM  

Sissy,
I couldn't have said it better....PRICELESS!!! Daddy and I loved soaking up every little minute with all of you kids and especially our 3 precious granddaughters. Emmerson definately entertained us with her babies and we loved hearing the 2 of you singing. I know that you and Alan sing a lot in your daily lives with your girls. I love it!!!
Your wonderful pictures will help us remember the very special time we all had together. Thank you for taking the time to capture every precious moment!!!
I Love YOU!
Mama

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP