Wednesday, July 11, 2007

When the boys are away the girls will play!
And that's what we did! We played with babies!
Last week Dad and two of his best friends went to Colorado and took their sons and son-in-laws along for a camping/four wheeling trip. For this second time this summer, Mom, Brandy and I found ourselves at home with the sweet girls wishing for a vacation ourselves. No doubt, we love the time we get to spend with them but we are really thinking that we need a girl's trip soon.
Anyway, the guys had an eventful time in CO. On their first day riding they ventured to the top of a mountain and Mike had a serious accident. His 4-wheeler rolled...several times...twice over him so he spent the duration of the trip in the hospital. On the way to the hospital his son, Kurt rolled and totalled his truck. God was definitely watching over them and luckily everyone made it home in one piece. Despite all of the trauma I think they had a good time hanging out and seeing the beautiful countryside.
We, girls, hung out at Mom's...in the pool, in the shade...in good company.
Here are some pics...
Here's Alan...LOVING being in the mountains!


The whole crew before they left early Thursday morning... (L) Dad, Dent (my brother), Mike, David, Kurt (Mike's son), Jared (Mike's son-in-law) and Alan (my honey)!


All of the guys out riding...well, except for sweet Mike who spent his vacation in the hospital and with the addition of Jim, one of Alan's best friends who lives in CO and met them to camp.


Emmerson, Evynn, me and my sweet niece, Adlee. Evynn has really found her hands the past couple of weeks. She loves just putting her hands together and playing. She is also grasping objects and playing with them. This weekend she took up a new past-time...blowing bubbles! She makes the sweetest face and blows through all of the drool she creates = bubbles! So sweet!


Adlee (4 mo) and Evynn (3 mo)

Emmerson had fun playing with Mom's Mary Kay!

This is post-makeover...

Boba and my girls...


3 sweet thoughts:

Anonymous 8:00 PM  

Sissy,
I love ALL of the pictures!! You do such a good job at this!!
Of course, my favorites are of my 3 precious granddaughters!!
Em and I will continue to "practice" with the lipstick....maybe next time I will help apply instead of giving her full reign.....I think she does a mighty fine job for a 2 yr. old!
Love,
Mama

Barry Family 11:09 AM  

I am soo glad that Alan is okay and didn't get hurt on the trip! Gees that is scarey....I hope you had a good time in P-town...did you tan b/c you look dark!:)
les

Anonymous 11:57 AM  

Loved the pictures of everyone! You DO look darker, Deonne. What's up? Been skiing or something?? HAHA-like you would have time for that type of entertainment! SR

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP