Back to School...
Well summer vacation is officially over. We have all we need to go back to school...new backpack, lunch boxes, school supplies and we are fixed up with school clothes and shoes! Both of our girls were so excited to go back to school!
Evynn's sweet teachers Patty and Jill came by for a home visit! Can you tell how much our girls love them? They are the best!
We had Meet the Teacher Night for our kindergartner! Here are my big girls at Meet the Teacher Night!
Emmerson was SO excited to find out that both of her little friends will be in her class!!
On Sunday night Emmerson wanted to go fly her kite so we went to the neighborhood park for a little fun...our last hoorah before school started the next morning!
Alan was feeling a little sentimental with our baby going to kindergarten and all. We just can't hardly believe it! He picked Emmerson up...the way she used to love to be held. Can't believe how big she is!
Monday morning...1st day of school pictures! The girls just hugged each other over and over. Alan took Evynn to school and I took Em. It was sad taking them in different directions this year. First thing Emmerson said when we got in the car was "I already know I am going to miss that baby." Broke my heart! They love each other SO much!
Alan was so sweet to take a few pictures of Evynn in her classroom. I think she was a little sad at the beginning of the day but ended up having a really good time. When I asked her what her favorite part of the day was, she said, "playing babies." I asked "Who did you play with?" She said, "Two big girls!" She is one of the youngest in her class...she actually moved in to the class that Emmerson just left so she is in there with some of Em's old friends and I think they are taking her under their wings!
Emmerson had a great day! I was so thankful to be there with her! I peeked in on her when I had a chance and went and sat with her a few minutes at lunch. When asked what her favorite part was she said "All of it!" As we talked more I could tell that she really loved P.E.
After school I told her we were going to run one short errand and then go get Sissy. She begged me to please go get Evynn first. When we were at a red light she would anxiously ask what we were doing...just making sure we were going straight to get Evynn.
We went for an ice cream treat after school. They were having a conversation like big girls and having so much fun as they told each other all about their day at school. They hardly noticed when I ran to the car and grab my camera. :-)
Going 5 days a week has been an adjustment for Emmerson and being home without Sissy on Tuesday/Thursday has been an adjustment for Evynn. I sure am enjoying our time together on those days and so thankful to be with Emmerson this year on Monday/Wednesday/Friday. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful job...a perfect balance between work and family. I think it's going to be a great school year! ;-)




3 sweet thoughts:
Precious! Precious!! Precious!! You are so blessed!
Oh my goodness, I have tears reading and looking at all those pictures. The pictures are so vivid that I almost felt like I was in the same room with them sometimes. I know Emmerson loved school and believe me, they will love her too.!! As we tried to muddle through our 144 kindergarteners(probably hiring yet another Kinder teacher), I try to spot the "Emmerson" of this group! I have only seen about 3 little girls that would be a good match!! haha
Love, SR
Oh! The beautiful story this post tells. I especially love the sweet conversation Emmerson and Evynn are having while eating their ice cream! Their expressions are absolutely priceless. It is quite apparent they love and adore each other!!!
They will have a fantastic year!! I know you savor EVERY MOMENT with them. Enjoy, it goes by way too fast.
Love,
Mama
Post a Comment