Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ballet Recital

Last Saturday Emmerson had her first ballet recital.  We had rehearsal that morning and needed to be all "made up" for rehearsal.  While Emme loved the bun, blush and lipstick, she was not so excited about being on stage.  One of the first things she said to us that morning was, "I don't want to be up there in front of a thousand people."  ...this before we ever even talked about the crowd.  Poor baby was SO nervous!  She told me she had butterflies in her tummy as she talked about how nervous she was.  I really felt bad about making her go up there.  :-(  During rehearsal she never looked out at the audience but looked at her friend to her left the whole time.  I was really afraid I wouldn't be able to convince her to return for the performance.  Again, as we drove to the Civic Center she was SO nervous and there was nothing we could do to calm her little nerves.  When we got there she went straight in...didn't even look back to tell me goodbye!  She did SOOO good.  They were SO adorable!  I was SO proud of her!  The best part was giving her the bouquet of flowers after it was over.  I wish I could have bottled up how sweet and grown up she was at that moment.  She just thanked me over and over for the flowers...telling me how perfect they were...how I had picked the perfect ones, how she was not nervous at all that time and what "a perfect night" it was.  Sweetness!  All the time and money spent on lessons this year paid off in those sweet minutes.
Here are a few of my favorites from the day...
 
After rehearsal, the girls ran ahead of us and I saw them, off to the side, dancing.  Of course I grabbed my camera...looks like Evynn spotted me at one point.  :-)  I love being able to capture how sweet they are together...just being themselves. 
I wanted to get a good picture of Em all dressed up.  They took professional pics after rehearsal but I wanted to make sure we got a really good one...no cheesy uncomfortable smiles so I took her to take a few myself.  She was SO funny...loved being my model and gave me all kinds of ballet poses!  :-)
Evynn was strutting her stuff too!

This is a rare thing!  All 4 of us together!  Thanks Mama for taking our pic!
Boba and the girls!
Sweetest little ballerina ever!  :-)

1 sweet thoughts:

Debbie Felix 9:58 PM  

Sissy,
I loved our whole day and the experience of Emmerson's first ballet recital. As she told me Saturday night when I tucked her in, "Boba, my ballet was perfect"!! Evynn was also such a big part of the day, even though she didn't make an appearance on stage. She doesn't need a stage to be a STAR!!
I've enjoyed looking at these wonderful pictures to re-live our fun day !!
Love,
Mama

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP