Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our Weekend...

This weekend we had a visit from Mom and Dad. They had not planned on coming down this weekend but my sweet husband thought they should since we have not seen them in a couple of weeks! :-) We went on Saturday to see Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. Very cute! The girls loved it and were little angels throughout the movie. Of course Evynn had a large popcorn...she did share a bit with the rest of us and Emme had a king size bag of Skittles. :-) We ate out some, cooked at home together, played with the girls and just had a good time being together! Dad and Alan watched the UFC fights last night so Mom and I went to the movie and saw The Proposal. It was SO cute and so much fun to be able to do that, just the two of us. :-)

On Tuesday I am heading their way to take the girls to stay with them while Alan and I head out for a big date/vacation to New York! We are going to see Ben and Ashley in the big city! I am SO excited to go yet really emotional to think of being away from the girls for so long. This will be by far the longest I have been away from them. I have no doubt that Emmerson will do great at Poppy and Boba's but I just hope my sweet little Evynn does okay away from Mommy. I know they will be in good hands and absolutely spoiled while we are away!

So...please say a little prayer for us...for safe travel, that I can keep it together emotionally and that everything goes smoothly with the drop off and time spent at Poppy and Boba's this week! Making mushroom bread with Boba! Yum!

5 sweet thoughts:

Christy 10:27 PM  

So tough to leave isn't it?? I so often find myself needing a break, but then when I get it, all I can think about is the kiddos!!!

Debbie Felix 11:16 PM  

Sissy,
We had a wonderful time with all of you this weekend! Thanks to Alan for "promoting" our visit!!

We can hardly wait to keep our precious Em and Evy while you and Alan are away having fun. We are thinking & planning all of their favorite things to do and eat.
You know with all of your heart they will not be neglected! You all just go have fun with Ben and Ashley and don't worry.

You, Alan and your precious babies will be in our constant prayers!!!!

I Love YOU,
Mama

Brantley Family 12:23 AM  

Ohhhh, I feel ya! I know that the grandparents are so excited to have them all to themselves though! It will go by before you know it and you have an awesome distraction in the mean-time, yeah NYC!! Have fun and safe travels!

Chassidy 3:21 PM  

Have so much fun on your vacation! I can't wait to see pictures :)

Barry Family 9:35 AM  

I am patiently awaiting your NYC blog.....and waiting....and waiting....

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP