So I don't forget...
The girls keep us laughing these days. They say so many cute things...if only I could remember them all! I just wanted to record a few things...for myself...just so I won't forget!
They both seem to be having bad dreams lately. Em will often come in around 2 0r 3 in the morning and tell me that she has had a bad dream. For a while I thought she was just trying to work her way back into our bed. I would always walk her back to her room and lay with her a few minutes. Often times she would go on to say they won't go away so Alan and I both talked to her about thinking about good things and talking to God, asking him to take the bad dreams away. Well, the other morning she came into my room and the first words out of her mouth were, "That time Jesus listened to my words and he made my bad dreams go away!" She was SO excited and it was SO precious! That told me that she really was having bad dreams...poor baby.
Evynn also wakes up A LOT around 2-3am. We'll go in there and nothing seems to be the matter...she has her "biddie," has her sippy, is still ON the bed so I assumed she must be having bad dreams too. About 2 weeks ago she started saying "No wicked witch, no monsters." Now she says it each night as we go to bed and sometimes when she is crying and we go in in the middle of the night. Another thing she does as I tuck her in at night is grabs my arm and says "don weave" or "don't leave"...that always calls for another couple of minutes of cuddling! :-)
Last week, Emmerson came walking through the kitchen as I was enjoying my morning coffee. Out of nowhere said, "Do I smell a latte!?" "Mmmm, I love lattes!" So we shared a couple sips of my "latte." :-)
Last night Evynn climbed into my lap and proceeded to fix my hair. She firmly said "Be still." Then after a couple minutes of running her tiny little hands through my hair she backed up, looked me in the eye and said "Honey, you petty!" She often refers to Emmerson, Bally and her babies as "Honey."
Other things Evynn is doing right now...
- Can count to 12 and can counts objects
- Uses thank you, you're welcome, please, excuse me without prompting
- Often speaks in complete sentences
- Dresses herself and has a STRONG opinion about what she is wearing
- Wants to wear panties but when asked if she wants to tee-tee on the potty she gives me a definite "NO!" :-)
- Loves to whisper in my ear and ALWAYS says "Poppy, Boba coming to my house!"
- Loves to sing...sings "Once Upon a Dream," the ABC's and Hannah Montana songs mostly
Things Emmerson is doing right now...
- Writing her name really well now! She can also tell you how to spell it!
- She crosses the monkey bars like a champ!
- Counts to 10 in Spanish
- Does really well with problem solving... a very useful skill when playing with little sister!!
- Doesn't really want to nap anymore
- Wants to watch "big girl" shows on Disney. The other day she told me cartoons are for babies...I still catch her watching cartoons with Evynn though. :-)
- Puts on gloss and perfume each day after she dresses herself and right now is not fighting me when I do her hair and lets me put bows in her hair again. :-) Yea!
6/15...Evynn runs out after dressing herself and says "I'm ready!" "I'm not Evynn, I'm Princess!"
2 sweet thoughts:
Sissy,
I love that you are writing all of these very special moments down.
We forget too many of these precious things.
My little punkins are just amazing and I love them more than words can describe.
I love you,
Mama
What precious memories!! Thinking of how quickly our girls grow up makes me tear up - I might have to steal this idea so "I don't forget!!" Sometimes I wish I could freeze time!!!
Post a Comment