My Little Swimmers
Yesterday we went to the pool with our friends Grace and Carrianne. Carrianne and I had fun watching the girls swim and reminiscing about our childhood memories at the pool. Mine were at the City Pool...remembering in particular the Chick-O-Sticks, Big Hunks, Pickles and running out to the ice cream truck at break time. Those were the days! :-)
This was our first day to go to a big public pool. We have been to friend's houses who have big pools and to the hotel pools but this was our first venture to Bodyworks' pool! The girls loved it! I learned really fast that Evynn does not want to sit in a floaty but would rather sink straight to the bottom...she didn't mind! :-) Emmerson is quite the little swimmer already...better get these girls in swim lessons! 


So that's what we did today...we started swim lessons! After much research I decided to take the girls to the Seahorse Swimming Pool. What I love about it is there is no set schedule...you can just show up and take lessons. You can also spread lessons out over the summer and don't have to come every day for 2 weeks. I just didn't see how that would work with our crazy summer schedule! Emmerson was in a class with a couple of other little buddies and Evynn and I were in a Tiny Tot class...we actually had an instructor leading us though! Thank goodness!! :-) Evynn's class worked on kicking their feet, blowing bubbles in the water, making big arm circles and even went down a big slide into the water. She did really well! Putting her face into the water does not seem to bother her and she certainly isn't afraid...in fact, I wish she would have just a small amount of fear. :-)
I didn't get to watch Em as much as I would have liked since I was with Evynn for the first 30 minutes of her class BUT since Evynn's class only lasted 30 minutes I was able to watch Emmerson for the 2nd half of her class. From what I could see she did great as well!! She went down the slide twice without hesitation, showed me how she kicked her legs and blew bubbles like a champ!! I have always heard that at the Seahorse, during their last lesson each child goes off the diving board regardless of weather they want to or not. I wasn't sure how I felt about this...I didn't want my kids to be scarred for life...but at the same time that would prove that they would know what to do if they ever HAD to swim. Well, today I witnessed my sweet Emmerson go straight off the diving board without any qualms...at her first lesson!! I was SO proud and also SO excited that I saw it AND had my camera!! :-)
Now we are off to...a POOL party at the Drakes! :-) They may turn into little fish before the summer is over! :-)




5 sweet thoughts:
How fun! YAY for your sweet little swimmers!!
How fun!! I LOVE LOVE the new pictures at the top of your page!! So cute!
LOVE it!! We had our first public pool experience 2 weeks ago and now that is all J talks about....and J starts swim lesson on Monday for 2 weeks!! So looks like we will have some swimmers when we get to Lubbock in 2 weeks!
How much fun!!!! Looks like they are going to be little fish!
I absolutely love the pictures at the top of your blog...did you take those?
Yea for Evynn earning a Blue Ribbon!!
I love the picture of Em and Evy walking in the pool and Evy looking up at Sissy.
It's so cool that Grace is also taking lessons with them. I know they are all having fun!
These are precious pictures of summer fun!
Love,
Mama
Post a Comment