We had an exciting moment on Saturday when Emmerson “tee-teed” in the potty for the first time! Waa-hoo! How fun it was to turn the water yellow! Boba had been patiently sitting in the bathroom with her for about 15 minutes when we heard the announcement and all went in for the celebration! Somehow I knew Mom would be able to get it out of her! I don’t know if it’s her unending patience or just her special way.
Then, on Sunday Alan and I took Emmerson to get her birthday present. Yes, it was a week early but she probably wouldn’t even realize what we were doing…right? Well, maybe, except for the fact that neither of us are very good with surprises. Alan could hardly wait to get home and set up her new trampoline! In no time he had it set up and she climbed on and went to town! I don’t know who was more excited…Alan or Emmerson. It was so sweet! She absolutely loved it! Of course it makes a mama really nervous to think of all of the danger and possible injuries that could occur but I guess have to try not to think of that and just let her be a kid….with lots of rules and regulations! :) She jumped for at least 45 minutes and continued to do so after the sun and the temperature went down. Her little arms and face were so red from the cold but it didn’t phase her a bit. Finally Alan brought her inside and she cried crocodile tears for she wanted to go back out and jump! After several “no’s” she said “Just one more time” in her precious little voice. I had never heard her say that and it was the sweetest thing I had heard so we made a deal…just 5 more minutes and then we would be finished for the evening. We are such suckers for her charm! (Thank goodness she has a daddy who has the energy to keep up with her!) I think we have a favorite new toy. I’m sure she will keep us occupied in the backyard…for a while, at least…
Then, on Sunday Alan and I took Emmerson to get her birthday present. Yes, it was a week early but she probably wouldn’t even realize what we were doing…right? Well, maybe, except for the fact that neither of us are very good with surprises. Alan could hardly wait to get home and set up her new trampoline! In no time he had it set up and she climbed on and went to town! I don’t know who was more excited…Alan or Emmerson. It was so sweet! She absolutely loved it! Of course it makes a mama really nervous to think of all of the danger and possible injuries that could occur but I guess have to try not to think of that and just let her be a kid….with lots of rules and regulations! :) She jumped for at least 45 minutes and continued to do so after the sun and the temperature went down. Her little arms and face were so red from the cold but it didn’t phase her a bit. Finally Alan brought her inside and she cried crocodile tears for she wanted to go back out and jump! After several “no’s” she said “Just one more time” in her precious little voice. I had never heard her say that and it was the sweetest thing I had heard so we made a deal…just 5 more minutes and then we would be finished for the evening. We are such suckers for her charm! (Thank goodness she has a daddy who has the energy to keep up with her!) I think we have a favorite new toy. I’m sure she will keep us occupied in the backyard…for a while, at least…

2 sweet thoughts:
Sissy,
I love all of these precious pictures you have captured! Yes, you sure can tell Em and Alan are having a really fun time. They are making great memories!
What a thrill it was for me to see the excitement on Emmerson's sweet face when she realized she DID tee-tee! She is such a little doll with endless expressions and vibrant personality!
Love,
Mama
fun...fun...she cracks me up...good blog babe....luv alan
Post a Comment